Toilet Repairs Wellington, Fl
Toilet Repairs 24/7 Service
When the toilet runs constantly the water bills can be very high may be as much as $200 a month. And Palm Beach County sewer and water is not cheap so a plumber needs to be called.
You are an important person at your job and sleep is the most important thing of all. When the toilet keep you up all night it’s not very fun.
Now there are a lot of toilets out there. From one piece Kohler toilets to a two-piece Briggs toilet. There are toilets like Toto that cost $3000 and there are toilets from Mexico the cost $90 but the principle is the same.
Some of the flapper valves are pretty much standard between the various types of toilets except for high-end toilets. If you have a high-end toilet you must expect the same when installing new parts.
Items that are important on a toilet are trip handle and Douglas valve. Other important items on the toilet are ballcock and flapper valve.
Here are some scenarios that can be happening with your toilet Repairs
- The toilets running constantly. That problem sounds like a bad flapper valve. Which is a rubber flapper that the chain that connects to the flush handle of the toilet. Over a period of time the flapper valve becomes warped and does not have a good seal. The flapper valve needs to be replaced with a new valve
- Toilet is running but does not turn off. That is a ballcock problem. This is a valve that has a float when the float gets to a certain level in the tank the water flow will stop. The solution to this problem would be to replace the ballcock. One of the major manufacturers of ballcocks is fluid master.
- The homeowner is unable to flush the toilet. The solution to that is the trip handle is broken and needs replacement.
- Water is leaking around the tank in the bowl. The solution for that is the tank bolts are old and leaking which need to be changed. When you pull the tank the gasket and the Douglas valve should be replaced as well.
- Have a leak around the base of the toilet that means that the wax ring has been broken causing a possible leak. This can happen when there’s a stoppage in the house which prevents the house to drain properly, build up will cause this to happen as well.
If you have any questions about toilet repairs or plumbing problems please call Hardenburgh plumbing at 561-968-0000 we can schedule a service call for you at any time. 🙂