Drain Cleaning in West Palm Beach FL, 5 Mistakes to Avoid
Drain cleaning West Palm Beach Fl in your home or business, often times, we try everything in order to avoid calling a plumber, trying to save a few dollars. However, more often than not, you’ll find that DIY cleaning tips and tricks cause more harm than good. Below are five things that you should avoid when attempting to clean your drains:
- Chemical Drain Cleaners – Besides the obvious safety hazards that come along with chemical cleaners, most just simply don’t work. Often times they cause more of a mess than you originally had, and more of a mess than they clean up. Chemical drain cleaners are also not physically capable of removing solid objects that are lodged in your pipes.
- Drain Augers – Aside from the fact that drain augers are pointless for larger piping, these tools can be very dangerous in the hands of someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing. While a knowledgeable person who knows how to use augers may know what they’re doing, someone who doesn’t can end up damaging the pipes.
- Garden Hose – Some people tend to think the water pressure of a hose will help flush out your pipes and unclog drains, but this usually just causes more damage and creates a huge hassle for you to clean-up. Leave the garden hose outside – in the garden.
- Coat Hangers – While this is an obvious horrible choice to some people, not everyone has yet to grasp that fact. Please do not unbend a coat hanger or anything that’s similar to a coat hanger and slide it down to remove or break apart a clog. Not only will this method prove to be frustrating and ineffective, but you’re also risking causing more damage by getting the hanger stuck in the drain.
- DIY – Unless you have extensive plumbing experience, it’s advised that you don’t disassemble any piping to try to find the problem yourself. As previously mentioned, you’re more likely to ruin the pipes more than actually fix the obstruction.
Drain cleaning West Palm Beach Fl- Plumber
It’s vital that you have your pipes checked and cleaned regularly — at least once or twice a year. However, instead of trying to save a few bucks and ruining your pipes, it’s wise that you utilize a reliable plumber in the area. A reliable West Palm Beach plumber will be able to perform drain cleaning efficiently without causing harm to your pipes.
Hardenburgh Plumbing, professional plumbing contractor 561-968-0000 🙂