Finding a Plumbing Contractor
When you find a Plumbing Contractor certain questions should be asked :
- How many years they have been in business?
- Do they have a large or small company?.
- Does the contractor have a license with the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation.
- As a plumber, Does she/he have Liability insurance and Workers Comp?
- Does the Plumbing Company also have an occupational license from the county or local municipality?
A Master Plumber or Plumbing Contractor should have about 10 years in the trade. When the size of the company, I have found over the years with large companies have large overhead and it will reflect on the bill. When dealing, with small plumbing company, it seems like you get personalized service. Quality work also seems to be an important factor. Large and small companies all have to be licensed with the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation
When selecting a Contractor, the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation has a 24 hour website to verify if a plumbing contractor is currently licensed. Go to http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/ ,click on verify a license and then choose the option that you prefer. And remember, Contractors must have Liability insurance and Workers Comp. to operate in the business in the State of Florida.